World Class Maintenance & Condition Monitoring
What is Shaft Alignment?
Motor Misalignment is the leading cause of machine failure - resulting in premature component wear, plant breakdowns, production downtime and expensive repairs.
Shaft Alignment is of critical importance to Maintenance and Engineering teams who need to ensure that rotating plant machinery, such as motors, pumps and gearboxes, are coupled together in perfect alignment to ensure a perfect rotational centreline is achieved.
If there is misalignment between two machines, such as a motor and pump, then the two shafts will rotate in an eccentric fashion, placing undue stresses on the shafts, coupling, and the units themselves. The result of shaft misalignment is inevitably a plant breakdown, normally due to increased wear rates inflicted upon bearings, mechanical seals and other internal components.
Monition is a specialist Shaft Alignment company providing onsite in-situ Shaft Alignment services and also supplying specialist Laser Shaft Alignment systems.
Industrial Applications for Shaft Alignment
- Shaft Alignment of Motors, in manufacturing, processing, mining, aggregates, printing, wind turbines, marine, pulp & paper, power generation, oil & gas, petrochemicals etc
- Alignment of Industrial Gearbox Shafts, in manufacturing, processing, mining, aggregates, printing, wind turbines, marine, etc
- Alignment of Industrial Pumps in factories, wastewater, pumping stations, etc
- Alignment of Propeller Shafts in marine applications
- Alignment of Mixer Shafts
- Alignment of Fan Shaft
Shaft Alignment Services
Monition’s on-site Shaft Alignment service will help you get rotating machinery operating within manufacturers’ tolerances, in no time - giving you the confidence that equipment is correctly installed and running smoothly. Monition provides ISO accredited onsite services, across the UK, with all Engineers Safety-Contractor registered.
Shaft Alignment Products
The fastest and safest way of aligning a rotating machine is by using a laser-based Shaft Alignment system. Professional service technicians use systems such as the Fixturlaser XA and GO systems to perform alignment measurements and corrections in the field.
Fixturlaser systems are characterised by their:
- easy-to-operate icon interface (minimal training required)
- precision measurement of alignment to fine tolerances
- unique line-laser technology which eliminates the need to perform rough-alignment
- Bluetooth wireless connectivity of laser transmitters / receivers (XA System)
- Full-Colour LCD Touch screen (XA System)
Further Information regarding Shaft Alignment
Monition can provide assistance in all your Shaft Alignment applications. For further information on the Shaft Alignment or arrange onsite alignment of plant machinery, please telephone Monition on 01909 722000. Alternatively you can email us at email@example.com or complete our enquiry form and one of our sales team will contact you to discuss your requirements.